You Are Reading

OUGD603: Brief 2 - OAC Photography // Web Site Map

Whilst I'm waiting on feedback for the look and feel of the website, I've begun to work on the site map and the wireframes. Neither of which represent the design of the website, they only determine how the content is going to be spread across the website. It's essential to get this right, to assure the user experience is a fluent and smooth as possible. 

I looked at what OAC had on her wix website to determine the content the website would need.



I quickly mapped up the website in my note pad to get an idea of how the website would work, the main content pages and the hierarchy. I can get quite messy working with pen and paper, crossing stuff out and scribbling lines everywhere, so I moved it over to Illustrator when I got the general idea. 


I mapped out the primary and secondary pages initially, then adding the tertiary pages. I also added sections to show how quicker navigation might come about. In the portfolio section, there will be categories for the photographs, a drop down menu on the nav bar will allow quick navigation. However, you can also go to the portfolio page which will display all the categories at once. 

Promotional images on the front page will also allow you to link to specific project easily - for example if OAC were to do the best shoot of her life, with some earth shatteringly amazing photographs of her pet rabbit, she would want to feature them on the home page, which would then link through to the project, to see more of the shoot.

This will be submitted to the client for feedback - alterations may be made. I'm not expecting the titles of the pages to be final.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.